This website does not support Internet Explorer, please consider using a more up-to-date web browser.
Respect at work
This workshop aims to educate employees about respect at work, and the prevention and resolution of harassment situations. The emphasis is on the development of knowledge, but also on the development of practical skills appropriate to the work environment. These skills will help to identify and adopt behaviors which are expected in the workplace. Participants will also have the chance to discuss their experiences and concerns related to respect in the workplace and to the prevention and resolution of harassment situations with colleagues.
What you will learn
- Ways to approach people when you are the victim of a lack of respect;
- Effective communication during difficult discussions;
- Issues related to lack of respect;
- How to distinguish behaviours that constitute harassment from those that are not;
- What are the rights and responsibilities of managers and employees in the prevention and resolution of harassment situations;
- How to manage employee performance in difficult situations while minimizing the risk of harassment complaints;
- How to intervene when you witness, or are notified of, a harassment situation;
- The informal and formal resolution processes for harassment situations.
This one-day workshop focuses primarily on developing a better understanding of respect, and of harassment, in the work environment, and on building the skills of employees related to the prevention and resolution of conflicts and harassment situations.
All employees and managers who want to gain a better understanding of what constitutes a lack of respect and harassment, and of the solutions related to both.
- I really liked the content and the overall presentation. The teacher was very good and she knew what she was talking about and was very creative to find ways to give us examples and make sure that we understood.
- Very informative, good cases and well organized.
- I enjoyed the instructor's presentations of the topic. Although I have taken this topic "respect in the workplace" before, I believe that it is a good refresher for managers and employees to take on an ongoing basis.