This website does not support Internet Explorer, please consider using a more up-to-date web browser.
Managing work force adjustment (WFA) (a workshop for executives and managers)
The workshop is aimed at developing a better understanding among government executives and managers about how to manage the transition period following a work force adjustment process, and how to acquire the communication skills required when breaking the news.
Participants will also have a chance to discuss their experiences and concerns with colleagues.
- Introduction to the theme and opening exercises for the session.
- Open discussion on how equipped managers are currently, and on how they plan to deal with a possible WFA situation.
- 15 min break.
- How to make a smooth transition:
- Steps related to employees:
- Job loss: dealing with it initially.
- Difficulties experienced due to job loss.
- The stages of grief.
- Resilience: bouncing back and making job loss a learning experience.
- Steps related to management:
- Taking care of employees who are departing.
- Taking care of employees who remain.
- Coping strategies for executives and managers.
- What you need to know in terms of labour relations following a WFA.
This half-day workshop includes a "PowerPoint" presentation. Time is also allocated for discussion, case studies, and practical exercises.
Number of Participants
The ideal number of participants is 20.
- Very helpful, good conversations, very informative.
- Exercises on the scenarios were very good (different reactions).
- Sitting down with other managers and discussing concerns, sharing information and bring forward ideas was extremely helpful.
- Good session, facilitator: right tone and attitude, content was practical and useful.